Section 1 – Refugee Claim Process
Getting started - Making a refugee claim in Canada (called an “ Inland Claim ”)
For an Inland claim, go to the Canada Immigration and Citizenship office.
(N.B If you made a claim at the border or at the airport, the process will be a little different. You are interviewed and receive the package immediately.)
- If you go to the CIC office at 1148 Hornby Street in Vancouver you will be referred to the website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/protection.asp . You can fill out these documents online and print them.
- You will need a lawyer to help you complete the Immigration and Basis of Claim (BOC) forms. You can apply for legal aid at 510 Burrard St., tel-604 601 6076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Do this as soon as possible. If you are picked up before these forms are complete, and you have no status in Canada, you could be detained.
To prepare for the eligibility forms, you must:
- Write out a list of your immediate family members (spouse, siblings, parents, dependents) their birth dates and where they live.rolex replica
- Write a list of the activities (i.e. working, studying, travelling, unemployment) you have had for the last 10 years – NO gaps in time are allowed.
- Also, list all the places where you have lived in the last 10 years (address, city, country).
- When the forms and the BOC (Basis of Claim) form are complete return them to CIC.
- Processing hours are: 8 – 10 a.m., Monday – Friday only
They will check to see your forms are complete and will give you a date for your eligibility interview (perhaps one week later). Immigration will provide an interpreter just for that appointment. (This is not your refugee hearing.) If the forms are not complete you will have to finish them and return later. replica rolex
IMPORTANT – There is only ONE opportunity for the CIC eligibility interview. If you miss the date you will NOT be given another one.
- Take original ID documents and 8 passport size photos to your eligibility interview CIC will give you:
a) the medical exam forms (see explanation of process below)
For example, if you want to buy replica handbagsSee “health section”.
c) a conditional departure order
d) a date for your refugee hearing with the IRB (Immigration & Refugee Board) in either 30 or 60 days time. They will also take your fingerprints for identification and security purposes.
IMPORTANT – You are the person responsible for your own claim. There is a lot to do in a short time. Start gathering evidence to support your claim straight away chanel outlet
Immigration Medical exam:
The IFH will cover the cost of your medical exam but some doctors may charge a small administration fee chanel bags. CIC will give you a list of doctors where you can go. When you see the doctor, take your medical letter; medical report; Interim Federal Health Certificate | chanel outlet that CIC gives you, plus 4 additional passport-sized photos.
(POE = Port of entry claim): If you claimed at the border or airport), your eligibility forms will have been completed there and you will have only the BOC to fill out and return, see “Basis of Claim” section chanel replica