- Somebody who can’t return to his or her country of origin because of fear of persecution or human rights violations
- Somebody who needs protection
Who is a refugee?
What you need to start a refugee claim in Canada:
You need to show WHO you are and WHY you are asking for protection.
You must have at least one original identity documents (I.D.) from your country of origin.
For example: Passport or travel document, birth certificate, marriage certificate, school records, national I.D. cards, voter registration card. If you don’t have any of these with you ask somebody in your home country to send you one.
Immigration officials will keep the originals of your documents and provide you with copies
Some reasons include:replica rolex
- Some kind of persecution (based on race; religion; nationality; political opinion or member of social group)
- Government in your country cannot, or will not, protect you rolex replica
- There’s no safety in another area of your own country.
IMPORTANT – You must declare even false documents that were used to travel or to enter Canada. If you are picked up before you make a claim you could be detained.
*See the Glossary page under Other Sections for acronyms & abbreviations.